There’s an excitement that comes with the beginning of a new year. If you’re a homeowner, this is when you start thinking about home improvement projects you want to tackle during the year.
From painting to renovating, now is the time when plans become action. These improvements enhance the enjoyment of your home and, in most cases, increase the value of your property for future resale.
That brings us to an important question.
How can you increase your Baton Rouge home’s value?
We know what you’re thinking.
This is where the pool builders tell you that installing a swimming pool is a sure-fire way to increase the value of your home while helping you lose 15 pounds in the process.
Look, we know that swimming pools can be polarizing when it comes to home buying. Some people are uninterested in owning and maintaining a swimming pool, while others won’t look at a home without one. And we can’t promise that installing a pool will help you get in shape or make you more successful. Although, Michael Phelps owns a pool, and it seems to be working out pretty well for him…
If you own a pool or find yourself on the fence about installing one, you should know what effects a quality inground pool can have on your property value in Baton Rouge.
When you install and maintain a custom in-ground pool in Baton Rouge, it can absolutely boost your home's value. Houselogic estimates that a pool can increase property value by up to 7%. You’ve considerd the total cost to install and maintain your pool. Now you want to know how an in-ground pool can boost your property value in Baton Rouge.
That’s where we come in.
Check out these 5 ways a custom in-ground swimming pool can increase your Baton Rouge home’s selling value:
- Your home stands out for the right buyers. Prospective home buyers that want a swimming pool, really want a swimming pool. Your house will set itself apart with this group of buyers and even command a higher selling price by checking such an important box.
- Your Baton Rouge home will make a great first impression regardless. The psychology of home buying speaks for itself. Most buyers make up their mind about a property shortly after arriving. Ask people about their swimming pool, and you’ll hear things like: relaxing, convenient and great for hosting. Like the smell of fresh-baked cookies, a quality, well-maintained in-ground pool in Baton Rouge can invoke emotions that help your home make the right first impression on potential buyers.
- You can make the most of the year-round warm Louisiana weather. Finally, a reason to be thankful for the six months of summer that Louisiana offers every year. Long stretches of warm weather provide plenty of opportunities to relax in and by the pool. This is a benefit for you and every potential buyer.
- Many homes in your Baton Rouge neighborhood have a pool. Call it keeping up with the Joneses or keeping a look consistent with the rest of the neighborhood, but having a pool increases property value when many homes in the area also have pools.
- With the right Baton Rouge pool company, quality pool service and maintenance are guaranteed. Warm weather and likeminded neighbors will have little effect on your pool’s value if it’s not high quality and properly maintained. Our team at Lucas Firmin Pools can tell you about the long-term durability of gunite pools, ensure you have the perfect decking to complete your outdoor space, and educate you on how to keep an immaculately maintained in-ground pool.
At Lucas Firmin Pools, we want to build the custom pool of your dreams and we will be there to guide you through every step of the process. Let us help you create the outdoor living space you’ve always wanted.